Monday, October 6, 2008

Thinking about the nursery...

So.... I've been thinking about the nursery lately. My sister went with chocolate brown and pink - very cute. My other sister went with a sailboat/blue and yellow theme - also very cute. My sister in law went with a pink and green theme - also very cute! I just want mine to be something much different. I already have this really cute white dresser I bought in college from Target that I'll probaby make into the changing table. I may take out one of the three drawers and put some black wicker baskets in them... change out the knobs to some cute black and white ones and put some cute shelving above it. And I really like the way black cribs look. So, I'm thinking of going with a black and white theme... maybe toile? Here is a picture of a toile themed nursery... what do y'all think? Could it work for a boy or girl? Is toile too girly for a boy?

This is the dresser I alreayd have from Target that I may use as a changing table/dresser.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! It can go either way-totaly versatile! We, or rather, I, had the hardest time finding something I liked for baby boy #2...but the black & white is darling and you can make a few adjustments to make it more masculine or feminine if you want after you find out what you're having! So fun!

Unknown said...

Hey- I just found your blog. Blogging and babies seem to go together well! Mine is eatonfamilyupdate.blogspot.com
Your going to love being a mama.
(from amy sceviour)

ducklynn said...

Very cute. I always checked out the rooms on the pottery barn kids website for ideas as well. They have one nursery room with a black and white theme called Sadie - http://www.potterybarnkids.com/room/rom/romnur/romnursad/index.cfm