So - I have had MANY pregnancy brain moments the past few weeks - at least that's what I'm blaming them on.... I'd love to hear any of your pregnancy brain moments, too! Make me feel better for being an idiot :) Here are a few I can remember right now - I seriously have so many - I forget them all...
Moment #1 - I was making Lori's yummy homemade chocolate cake and homemade icing a few weeks ago and when I got to the icing recipe, I read 5 cups of flour versus 5 tbsp of flour. Yes - I mixed 5 cups of flour in my little pan with 1 cup of milk. It was ALL FLOUR as your can imagine. I thought - wow, I wonder how long it takes to become soft like icing... so I keep stirring. After a few minutes of burnt flour smelling up my kitchen, I check the recipe again and my mind sure enough reads AGAIN - 5 cups of flour versus 5 tbsp of flour. I go back to the pan and turn it off thinking surely I have done something wrong. I go BACK to the recipe page and finally realize it's 5 tbsp of flour. I throw all the flour away - really mad that I just basically wasted 3/4 of a bag of flour. Ugh... I haven't made that mistake again.
Moment #2 - Today I had to run home when my manager got to the restaurant to go let all the doggies out. Chris and I are both working all day today and after work we're going to look at some new construction homes in Cumming and it was going to really be a time strain to get back home before the dogs pee all over the floor. Don't get me wrong - our dogs have actually only peed in our house once, I think - but it was a few weeks ago when we went to Cumming after work on a Friday and they were basically left inside for about 12 hours straight. That's basically abuse and neglect. So anyway - we're really, really careful to make sure that if we're not going to be home after 10 or so hours, that we can get there some time in between to relieve their little bladders. Poor pups. Also - we've stopped crating Harlee when we're gone
(and it's rainy) - she just hangs out in the office with J and B and hasn't' done anything bad or wrong so far... she's getting to be so good... make it ever harder to give her away one day. OKAY - ANYWAY - back to my pregnancy brain moment! Today I had to run home to let the dogs out and also had to run by the bank for my manager. Well I was going to pass our bank on the way back to the restuarant and I figured it was the same bank but a different branch, I could still make our deposit right? Well, I wait in the commercial line for about 15 minutes and it's finally my turn and I realize that I am at a Bank of America (our bank) and not a Wachovia (our restaurant's bank). So. Yes. I held my head high and drove right through the bank line and back to Cobb Parkway. Ugh.
Moment #3 - Another cooking moment. Last week, I was making a carrot cake for some neighbors and for our small group that night. As I'm making the icing - yes again with the icing - it said to mix 1/2 a cup of butter with a box of powdered sugar. Well instead of reading 1/2 cup of butter, I read 2 cups of butter. So, I take an ENTIRE box of butter out of the fridge and dump FOUR butter sticks in the bowl and start stirring. I filled the entire bowl with all the powdered sugar and let it mix for about 10 minutes. I came back and it tasted VERY funny - pretty much like butter. I go back to read the instructions and see the little detail I missed. So - I threw away an entire box of powdered sugar and an entire box of butter.
I'm going to have to start buying double of everything before I cook something - expecting to screw something up!
Savannah's Play
-
We went to see the Music Man which Haley's little miss Vernon Hills was in.
2 years ago

1 comment:
Ok...I seriously can not stop laughing....don't be surprised if you find flour, powdered sugar and butter on your front door step. Also, if you ever get in a bind with the dogs and they need to be let out, just call. If I am home, I can let them out to do their business. :)
Post a Comment