Last night, before we headed out to small group, I slid into my favorite jeans and lo and behold - the darn things wouldn't button! Thank you LORD for allowing me to buy the belly band last week at Motherhood Maternity outlet. It's the best thing ever. You don't have to button your pants and you just wear the band over your clothes and it holds your clothes on for you!
I nearly about fainted this morning when I stepped on the scale... so much for losing a few pounds... they have packed themselves back on plus several more! I couldn't believe it. Hopefully my 2nd trimester will bring a a healthier appetite and more energy to work out.
So what's baby been up to? Well -
Baby Hull, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Baby's hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under its gums, and some of its bones are beginning to harden. Baby is already busy kicking and stretching, and its tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as its body grows and becomes more developed and functional. Although I won't feel anything for another month or two, the baby is moving ALL around and is also hiccupping like crazy since its diaphragm is forming.
So amazing. Babies are such miracles from God.
One thing I know Chris is REALLY loving about me being pregnant is that I am REALLY enjoying cooking lately. Last week, I cooked a yummy poppyseed chicken casserole, pot roast and veggies, chicken, broccoli and cheddar soup in a sour dough bread bowl and I have really enjoyed baking. I made brownies one night and yesterday I made a totally home made carrot cake. I gave half of it to our sweet neighbors who lost a family member and I took the other half to small group. Oh - I also made a really delicious taco soup to give to our neighbors, but it made so much, I saved about two bowls worth for us to eat this week. Hmm... maybe me cooking isn't the best thing for my weight :)
Anyway - everything else has been going good... Our landlord is raising rent after December 31 so we feel pretty time crunched to get out of our house by then. Chris is REALLY looking into foreclosures now - there are so many of them - but it's hard to actually find them and to put offers on them so hopefully something will come along in the next few weeks! I'd REALLY like to have a place to move in January! Otherwise, we may be bunking up with Whitney and Doug in their house - and their baby that will be 2 months old then - and their 2 dogs - and our 3 dogs.... Yeah - I would REALLY like to avoid doing that.
After the house situation is solved, I will feel much better about everything going on! Pray that something will come along soon!
XO

1 comment:
Ok, I have to admit I am NOT a big fan of this whole blog thing b/c I do not have time to read them, but I just want to leave a little friendly, sisterly comment that Doug & I are also praying that Hill & Chris & their 3 dogs find a house to move into before January so they do not have to bunk up with us (did we even invite you??? :). The only family member of ours that would truly like to try to fit 4 adults, 1 baby, 1 baby-to-be & 5 dogs in our house would be our Rhodesian Ridgeback, Tanner, b/c he would love for Harlee to move in. So, I am not telling Tanner about this blog or that you even mentioned moving in with us...
Post a Comment