Okay - so my little daily prego person book journal thing is telling me to MEASURE my waist and record it AND MY WEIGHT this week. This book is crazy. My tummy will never be measured. Ever.
I haven't really gained any weight - in fact I've lost about 4 pounds... but all my clothes are still tighter than normal and - to me - my belly is visible in everything I put on. And it's bad cause it's that little belly that might look like I've just gained weight and I KNOW how girls are. Girls are so judgmental. Ugh. Not that it should matter - but any normal girl out there feels my pain, right? I'm just trying to wear loose stuff... which isn't easy cause 90% of my wardrobe is stuff that is fitted at the waist.
Don't tell Chris (just kidding, he reads this blog) but NY and Co was having an online sale today and I had a $30 off coupon - you just can't beat that. So, I bought 5 shirts that are all VERY loose - and I bought the next size up than I normally do - so I'm hoping they will help to get me through the next few months while I have this little belly that looks like I've just been lazy and eaten like crap for the past month... oh wait... that actually 100% describes me this past month. Hmmmm...
I am sure that the ONLY reason I have lost 4 pounds is because I CANNOT keep enough fluid in my body to keep up with the amount that I pee out! Seriously. I woke up SIX (6) TIMES last night to go to the bathroom... and each time... I was sitting down for a good 2-3 minutes... with a full flow the whole time. I didn't even drink that much before I went to bed. Pregnancy is WEIRD and that's all I have to say.
OKAY - baby update! Baby Hull...
My new resident is nearly an inch long — about the size of a grape — and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. Baby is starting to look more and more human... thank goodness... it's not a fun thing to know that your little baby in your tummy looks like a freaked out alien from Mars.
Baby's essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Baby's ears are fully developed and the nose is "STUBBY". How cute is that? Ha ha! I hope it stays stubby and takes after mine and not Chris'. Don't get me wrong, my husband is pretty much the hottest thing I've ever laid my eyes on - but I REALLY want our kid to have my nose and not his. His is... not what I want on our kid.
Anyway, other changes abound: baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do the tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. YAY!!! I was not a fan of the tail. Baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. This baby also has a TONGUE now, and full eyelids, toes are no longer webbed and the baby's arms and legs are able to fully move around.
Here's a frame that my mom brought me last weekend. So funny. The little saying actually said, "Love at first sight" when she gave it to me - but after I opened it, I saw all these other little sayings you could put in place of that. So, I thought this one was more appropriate! Ha ha!
WHOOPS!

1 comment:
hillary---you dont need to worry about how much you weigh, or how big your tummy gets. pregnant women, very pregnant women, are the most beautiful in the world. you will look wonderful until the end....dont worry, you are beautiful and always will be! love, betsy
Post a Comment