Thursday, October 23, 2008

UPDATE WEEK 13!

Whew! We made it to week 13 - I'm OFFICIALLY out of the 1st trimester and well into my 2nd! Thank GOODNESS I was FINALLY able to HIGHLIGHT my hair again! I had to wait til my 2nd trimester and let me tell you - that was a SACRIFICE! :) Just kidding, it wasN'T that bad. But I have literally worn my hair in a pony tail for about 2 weeks straight because it has been since MAY 5 since I had a hair cut and since APRIL 20-SOMETHING since I've had my hair colored. GEEZ! I waited way too long. I had planned to schedule an appointment for mid-Summer and it got away from me - well - when I finally was going to make an appointment - lo and behold we found out baby Hull was forming in my tummy so I had to wait it out a few more months. See - I can't be THAT bad of a mother if I am already sacrificing my wonderfully - so-not-natural looking hair to keep my baby growing strong! Way to go mother instincts for kicking in :) Here's a peek at my NEW DO I took with my camera phone.... YAY no more ROOTS!





Anyway - I had my 12 week check up earlier this week and everything is going GREAT! I didn't get to SEE our baby this time, but we did get to hear the heart beat and it was SO strong and SO wonderful. I was so relieved to hear it, it made me feel so good. Chris texted me and told me I was doing such a good job keep baby healthy :) I thought that was sweet.

I go again in 3-4 weeks when I'll be 16 weeks - I don't think I'll get an ultra sound that time - but then the appointmet after THAT I'll definitely get one and we'll find out the SEX OF BABY HULL! I'm going to add a poll to this blog to see what you all think we'll have! I have a feeling it will be a GIRL but the Chinese calendars say I'm going to have a boy. WHO KNOWS! I can't wait to find out!!!

Here are the names we've picked out SO FAR.





Girls:

  • Taylor - just cause we've always liked it!
  • Caroline - my mom's name is Caroline and Chris's mom name is Carol - and I just think Caroline is such a sweet sounding SOUTHERN name :)





Boys:
  • Carter - we had never really thought of it until one night I was telling Chris about Heidi Zawiza's kids names and he was like - HEY I like Carter :)
  • Parker - we have always liked this name!
  • Keller - it's a name that Luke Testani (the boy I babysit) suggested and we both liked it! Thanks Luke!
  • Walker - Chris likes this name - I'm still thinking about it... I keep thinking of Walker Texas Ranger when I hear it.... not so sure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok...love Caroline for a girl, plus I think that the similarity to both moms is pretty special.

Walker....have a friend who named her son that and then named their second son......are you ready for this.....Cain (cane). Yes, I am serious and yes it was a joke one night between the two of them that stuck.

I like Parker.

Well, whatever you name "it"....I know it will be beautiful. :)
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hi there! We don't know each other but I am a member at VL too and know your VL friends - not sure how we haven't met! (Except I have 2 young kids and if it happens after 6:30pm I am usually not there!! :) Anyway, my daughter is named Caroline and I love it, of course!! I also love Avery, my son's middle name, but I have recently met several girls with that name, so....

I found your blog through Hollie's, and I love reading your pregnancy updates! Makes me miss it so much! If you think you can hold out to not find out the sex, you should go for it! I never did, but in hindsight it would have been an amazing thing to be surprised! Good luck!

Katie said...

I know it doesn't hold much value but Cody and I vote for Monster Truck Hull!!