Monday, November 17, 2008

Week 16 - 17

I go to the doctor this week - YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! So excited. I love doctor appointment weeks because I get to be REASSURED that my baby's heart is still beating and doing OK! :) They also make me step on this terrible, awful scale that should be thrown out. It is SERIOUSLY 3-6 lbs off from any other scale I ever step on - and NOT 3-6 lbs in the direction I need it to be. Stupid scale. According to our home scale I've gained about 10 lbs - which honestly probably is too much for only being in the beginning of my 2nd trimester - but I am REALLY hoping I am feeling well during the evenings of this week so that I can start to walk/jog and do some Firm DVDs to shape up my pregnant body! We'll see :) The doc says it's totally OK to do the work outs I was doing before pregnancy - but to just ease into them. Which won't be hard I'm sure :)


I also really like going to the doctor to do just that - see my doctor! I love him and am so glad I have him as my doctor. He's a super cute guy and has a even cuter personality. He knows EXACTLY what to do to make me laugh and make me not so nervous about everything I'm so nervous about. He's the perfect fit as our doctor and Chris and I are so blessed to have him. :) Here's a pic of him with my sister's baby a few weeks ago - just a few minutes after birth.





So - I am FAIRLY sure that I have felt the baby move about 3 times in my belly. Once on Friday afternoon here at work. Another time Sunday morning as I was hopping out of the car to walk into J Christophers and again last night after the bon fire - while we were just sitting on the couch at Katie's parents house hanging out. Most people say it'll feel like a bubble or butterflies - it definitely didn't feel like that. It didn't feel good - or bad - just like something was being moved around in my body that normally isn't being moved around. It's weird - and I can't really explain it - and I'm not 100% sure it's the baby - but I'm pretty sure because it's nothing like anything else I've ever felt. It's not a cramp, it's not gas pains, or any of the other wonderful "pains" I've experienced during pregnancy. Anyway - I am really, really anxious to get to the doctor to hear the heat beat. ALSO - while we are at the doctor, we get to make our next ULTRASOUND appointment in 3-4 weeks so we can find out the SEX! All you crazy people who think I should wait til the baby is born are just that - CRAZY! I have to know ASAP and start planning for our little arrival who will be here in no time at all. :) Kudos to all of you who could actually wait - no way no way no way could I ever do that.




So - this morning - I am getting dressed and cannot find my belly band anywhere. The belly band is a NECESSITY for my work pants because they fit so high on my waist. Anyway - belly band is no where to be found. So - I had to take the plunge. The plunge into the big white shopping bag Whitney had packed with some maternity pants for me this past weekend. I hold them up and look at them like they are my worst enemy - slide my legs into them - and OH MY GOODNESS - seriously the most comfortable things I have EVER put on my body. I LOVE them. And they aren't so bad. I mean - they are pretty baggy on me now - but it has been several weeks since anything I have put on feels really comfortable - besides my pajama pants which as become the only thing I wear as soon as I walk into our house. Talk about heaven on earth.. I am in it... in my awesome comfy HUGE maternity pants :) This is actually the pair I have on today. If you would have told me that I would have ENJOYED wearing this hideous things a few weeks ago I would have told you that you are NUTS. :)


1 comment:

Traci said...

Ha, Ha! LOVE this post, Hillary! I am SO with you on those doctor's scales...ridiculous, right? As if you're not already tired of hearing how much weight you've gained, they go and rig the whole thing! And no way could I wait to find out the sex of the baby~CRAZY~I'm such a planner! I have to know!!!!!