I have had such an incredibly busy week! And it's been great! Work has really been picking up which has been exhausting, but good nonetheless! I've been working late every night and also making a really strong effort to see friends nearly every night of the week after work! As you can imagine, it's exhausting, but SO great! It's so easy for me to just go home from work, put on my PJs and curl up in bed with the doggies with a good book, but I know that all my nights with friends are going to be limited coming up soon and I want to take advantage of all the time I can get with my buddies while I can! I am just so, so incredibly blessed to have as many friends as I do and I am looking forward to another full week of friend hang outs!
This week of hang outs included a dinner night on Tuesday night with Chris' dad who was in town for the Chicken Pluckers Convention downtown and also with my sister and brother in law, Amy and Jeffrey and my precious niece, Campbell... who we don't see nearly enough considering they live within 15 minutes of us! Here is Chris and his dad with Campbell at this awesome restaurant Amy and Jeffrey recommended downtown! No Mas Cantina was a HIT with m,e Chris AND Parker :) We had such a fun time with everyone! 
Thursday night was spent with my sweet friends Nicki, Allison, Allyson for a fun night of spaghetti, meatballs, delish brownies and ice cream and of course everyone feeling my belly to see if they can feel Parker move! :) Can't beat a night of that!
Friday night, I went out with some of my VL friends to The Melting Pot where we all sat for 3+ hours and stuffed our faces with some yummy fondue! 
Saturday was spent with Nano and Poppy, Whitney and Kayley, me and Chris down in Jackson at my Nano and Pop's house! We had a great afternoon of hanging out and I know that N and P LOVED seeing Kayley for a few hours in the afternoon.
Here is Kayley in the car- we got to hang out in the back seat for the trip down there :) The sun kept getting in her eyes, so I let her borrow my shades :) I thought she looked stunning!
She was ALL bundled up for the chilly weather!

Whit with Kayley and Poppy - he was able to keep her smiling non stop!
Nano, Poppy, and Kayley - I don't think I have EVER gotten a picture of them - both looking at the camera and both smiling good... oh well :)
Whit with Kayley and Poppy - he was able to keep her smiling non stop!
Nano, Poppy, and Kayley - I don't think I have EVER gotten a picture of them - both looking at the camera and both smiling good... oh well :)
Saturday night, I had some important parties I sold/planned at work so I worked for a few hours than headed home to have a dinner and movie night with my sweet, sweet hubby! Oh - while I was working, Chris headed up to the house to see the progress and we had a driveway! And a walkway! And a back patio! Very exciting! Cabinets are going to be delivered tomorrow... can't WAIT to see them!
Sunday, we worked in KidMo at church for the early service. I always help lead the girls group with Jen, Melanie and Hannah and Chris leads the boys group. He had some pretty cute stories to tell about them yesterday... our lessson was about worrying and how we should always give our worries to God because he will take care of them. So, Chris asked the boys exactly what they were worried about then asked them to write it down -then the kids all had to ball up their worry on their paper and throw it to God (a.k.a. the trash can!) Ha ha! None of the boys could really think of anything they were worried about... until one of the boys decided he was worried that he may get eaten by a shark... so all the other boys in his group decided that is what they were worried about also! Oh - to be in 2nd grade again :)
After Kidmo we went to the late service at church and had such a fun time sitting with all our friends and hanging out for a bit after church! Right after church, we went to see our sweet friends, Ashley, Brandon and their sweet little Miley! Miley was born in December and only weighed TWO POUNDS THIRTEEN OUNCES! Which is basically what Parker weighs inside of me right now! Crazy! Miley is VERY sweet and VERY healthy and I am so glad I got to meet her. I stayed pretty far away from her as I have had an on again off again cold for about a month and she just seems so tiny and precious! I think I was also a little scared to hold her just because she looks like she will break if make any fast movements! THANKS for letting us come over and spend Sunday afternoon with you, Ashley! Can't wait til Parker and Miley can meet :)
AND OF COURSE - Sunday night was spent with some more VL friends out in CHINA, GA - also known as Villa Rica - and the guys watched the game over there while the girls chatted, stared at my belly to see Parker moving all around and of course - what would a Superbowl party be like without a MAKEOVER! Our sweet friend, Melanie let us introduce her to the fabulous world of make up and a hair straightener and she looked AWESOME. Her husband Doug was pretty excited too and as you can see from the pictures, was VERY happy with her outcome :)
I need to get a BEFORE picture from Katie to put on here from last night, but here is a picture of Christy, Kate and Melanie (on the right) from the Melting Pot the other night... it's the closest I can get to a before picture... She looks awesome, huh?!?

Doug's first glance at his bride!
SILLY POSE! Even baby Taylor got in on the action! She decided to cover up Christy's face!
Katie and Cody :) Katie was mad that I took this photo because she said it was from a bad angle, but I don't think it's possible to get a "bad" shot of these cuties :)
Katie and Cody :) Katie was mad that I took this photo because she said it was from a bad angle, but I don't think it's possible to get a "bad" shot of these cuties :)

1 comment:
Go Doug GO!
Post a Comment