I get this frantic call from my sweet grandma (Nano) on Monday morning and she is at the SALES EVENT of the year apparently and just HAD to tell me about this incredible crib she found for SUCH AN AMAZING price - AND she had a coupon to use on top of all of it!
I could barely hear her or make out her words as she was talking SO fast and she sounded out of breath - like she was running! I finally got the drift that she had found the most beautiful crib she had ever seen and that it was marked down nearly $400 from it's original price and that she just had to get it for us! I asked her to give me a few minutes so that I could call Chris and talk to him about it. Well - I call my sweet husband and he just happens to be about 5 minutes from where the JC Penney Outlet store is in south Atlanta! So random! He was with a co-worker and they were going to check out a cell site down there, but thankfully his co-worker just had a baby a few months ago and understood the importance of this phone call! Ha ha! I explained the situation to Chris and he and his co-worker drove over to the outlet store so Chris could see this amazing crib!
And - it actually was very pretty! Chris sent me a pix message to my phone so I could see it and we both really liked it! Chris said that Nano and Poppy were both just BEAMING at how proud and happy they were to be able to buy this amazing crib for us! And I just absolutely love the fact that they were so happy and thrilled to be able to do this for us! I guess it's the joy of being a grand parent and great grand parent that I don't yet fully understand.
I just can't say how blessed we are for all of this! I truly - 100% believe that this was all God's work and that He was definitely having some fun with us! Right about the time I had totally given all my "worldly preferences" up to God and was just allowing him to give us what we needed for our nursery - he decided to step it up just a bit and find a way to give us a crib that pretty much matches our exact "worldly preferences". And He also found a way to allow my sweet grandparents (who I consider myself very blessed to still have here with me and a part of my life - and soon to be Parker's life!) -- a way to make them feel so good about being able to find this wonderful piece of furniture for our little boy's room!
Here's a picture of the crib :) It's being stored at Whit and Doug's basement for now - thanks for the free storage sis!
Buddie had to come down to the basement to check it out, too! You can see him looking underneath to make sure no one is messing with his soon to be brother's crib! He's such a little guardian :)

1 comment:
Kayley slept in Parker's crib in the basement last night and she said it was very comfy. ;) And you are not getting free storage space, sis - you're paying for it every time you babysit Kayley for us! Love ya! :)
Post a Comment