Monday, February 16, 2009

Welcome to Week 30!

Conversation between Chris and I on the couch yesterday afternoon...



~

I look up at Chris.


"Do you think you are really ready for all this?"



He looks at me and waits a few seconds before answering...


"Um... not 100%."

~

SO - that is the overall consensus of our feelings now that we are into our 30th week of pregnancy and we start our count down of only 9 weeks and 6 days to go! YIKES!

Parker's been moving ALL around lots and lots and I am really getting used to his sleeping habits. He is always wide awake in the morning - before I even get out of bed. He stays pretty awake for about 3-4 hours then takes an hour or two long nap. He then is awake from about 1 or 2 o'clock until 4 o'clock. They he takes a really nice long nap until I begin to eat dinner around 7 or 8 then he stays VERY awake and VERY active until bed time - around 10 or 11 o'clock. He hasn't woken me up much during the night - except for when he rolls over in his sleep and puts all his precious 3 lbs on my bladder! I am very much looking forward to having all that room available for my bladder again! These bathroom trips every 30 minutes during the day and every 2 hours at night are getting old!

Here is what he looks like inside of me... I love thinking of his sweet little body curled up just like this inside me. It's very comforting and I pray every day that he's comfy in there! Cause it sure looks cramped to me!





Here is what else my email update had to tell me last night!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and he weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

Also - this was our "fun fact" of the week! All I can say is - THANK GOODNESS!

"Research shows that pregnant women experience forgetfulness 15 percent more than nonpregnant women. Memory returns after delivery."

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I beg to differ about your memory returning after delivery. It is now attributed to "mommy" brain instead of "pregnant" brain...