Thursday, February 26, 2009

A month and a day from today....

A month and a day from today.... life as I know it will completely change. My husband and I will be home owners for the very first time and I cannot even explain how excited we are about this! Chris and I have never really "owned" anything... ever! And for us to begin our new life together in this amazing house we will call "our home" just absolutely makes me feel like the most blessed person in the world. God has truly given us more than we deserve. Much more. -- That is probably the biggest understatement of the century --









And THEN - (somewhere around) a month and a day from the day we become proud new home owners - our life will change yet again in the most amazing way! I can't even begin to explain how blessed we feel to have had experienced such an amazing and healthy pregnancy. Despite the 40 lbs I've somehow managed to pack on in the past 7 months, I have loved everything about this experience. And we do not take this for granted. We thank God every day - multiple times a day - for this precious miracle He has provided for us.

When Chris and I were still laying in bed this morning (after hitting the snooze button about 20 times) Chris' hand lay on my belly and I just couldn't help but feel so amazingly blessed for what God has created in my body. Parker was literally doing flips inside of me - and for Chris and I to both be able to feel that is probably one of the most amazing feelings I can't even describe. Besides feeling so incredibly blessed, I feel guilty for being able to create such a wonderful creation when so many people I know in my life are not able to. I don't understand why God chose us to be parents - but He did - and I am going to do everything in my power to make sure that this little man inside of me has the absolute best life possible.
~
Last weekend we spent the weekend with my mom in Tennessee - we had an amazing time finding the perfect fabric for Parker's glider chair (Chris was a trooper, by the way!). We spent the rest of our time helping my mom de-clutter her house hoping it will help it to sell soon so she can move to Florida with my dad! Oh - and mom did probably the worst thing possible... she found and purchased.......... GIRL SCOUT TAGALONG ICE CREAM. Let's just say that the entire carton was GONE in the 48 hours we were there.
Our sweet little family :) Me, Parker, Buddie, Chris and Jack!

Me and my sweet dog, K.C. He turns 13 this year! I can still remember the day I got him on my 13th birthday and I stayed up with him in the bathroom all night long because he was so scared being away from his mommy for the first time. (Quick story: I had sent some of these pictures out to family earlier this week and the caption I had for this photo was "I love this picture cause you can't even tell I'm pregnant! Well my lovely sister, Whitney, just had to ruin this picture by saying - "Oh I can definitely still tell you're pregnant - especially in your face..." Thanks Whit... You can always count on family to be honest... Hmph...

Precious K.C.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Thanks for making me sound like the bad guy, but what I meant about your face was it was glowing, like you're pregnant, not that it looked fat, silly girl. Plus, you know I love you & all the ~40 lbs. that make up Parker. I hope he is not that big when he is born though... ;)