Monday, February 2, 2009

I passed the test!

I had my glucose test scheduled for this morning to see if I was at risk for gestational diabetes... and I passed! So no diabetes for this fatty preggers girl :)

I am LOVING all the movement Park's been making lately! A lot of people can even see him moving my belly around! It's such a funny feeling and I may even miss it! I can't believe I hated this movement when it first happened back in December! Now I look forward to it every day!

Chris has really come to love his "daddy/son" time with Parker every night before bed. He lays there and talks to him - not so much in baby voice anymore. He talks to him so normal, I am getting a little worried that Park is going to come out of me and instead of crying, he will just say "HEY!" in a really low, deep voice... Since that is what Chris says to him all the time to wake him up - and it works!

I didn't even look at the scale at the doctor's today... I am no longer looking at it because it's WRONG! My scale at home is much better and so I'm going by it :) Total weight is still actually OK... I only gained anywhere from 4-6 lbs in the past month - and I should HOPEFULLY only gain about 10-13 more pounds til delivery. LET'S HOPE SO! I can deal with another 10 lbs which would make my total weight gain about 40 pounds which is OKAY and considered somewhat of a healthy gain. It's amazing how much of the STUFF inside me weighs that goes away when Parker is born. I won't share all the lovely details with you - but seriously - it's so crazy to think of all the stuff in me that won't be there anymore - INCLUDING a baby that will hopefully NOT weigh as much as I did when I was born... NINE LBS ONE OZ. Ugh! My poor mom... no wonder I am the youngest child!



Park weighs more than 2 pounds now and is probably about 15-17 inches! He's getting so big - and so is my belly! Guess that is a good sign!

Let's see what else... walking long distances is not going to be so much in our future... we went on a walk yesterday to Market Village and back with Jack and Buddie and I was really feeling it by the time we got back. It was about a mile or so - maybe almost two - and when we turned to go down our street, we might as well have been crawling we were walking so slow! I talked to the doc about it today and he said to stick to stationary exercise from now on - shorter walks are also still OK :) Which was I was happy about considering one of the things I am looking forward to MOST in our new neighborhood are walks! On sidewalks! And meeting all our new neighbors! :) Yay!



Last but not least - BABY SHOWERS are starting to be planned for me! I have never really been a huge fan of baby showers in the past... but I am getting SUPER excited about them now! So funny how things change! One of my friends, Kaci, is having one this weekend and I can't wait for it! Yay for baby things :) A BIG thanks to all my sweet friends and family for helping to SHOWER me! My sisters Whitney and Ashley, my sister in law, Amy and the sweet family that I consider my 2nd family in Atlanta (The Testanis) are throwing me my family shower on March 21. Some of my best friends, Jessica, Christina and Nicki are throwing me my friends shower on March 14 and Jen and some other church girls are throwing me a shower for all my church friends at VL sometime in March or April :) THANK YOU to all my awesome, sweet friends for doing this for me! XO XO XO XO!!!!!

No comments: