Thursday, February 12, 2009

Working In Rage....

So - the past 3 days - I have been sitting at my desk and doing NOTHING else except answering the phone that rings once every 65 seconds (I've been timing them!) and saying the following...

"Ruth's Chris Sandy Springs, This is Hillary, How may I help you?"
pause....
"I'm so sorry, but we are all booked up for Valentine's Day, but we do have availability on Friday or Sunday if you'd like to come in then."
pause....
"Yes, I'm very sorry, but we have been booked up for several weeks."
pause...
"I'm so sorry but we are not taking a wait list in case of cancellations."
pause...
"I'm very sorry. Have a great day, good bye."
CLICK!

OKAY PEOPLE - WHEN DID IT BECOME MY PROBLEM THAT YOU WAITED WAAAAAY TOO LONG TO MAKE A RESERVATIONS FOR VALENTINES. DUH!

Valentine's just happens to fall on a Saturday this year and if it took you THIS long to figure this out then this is your problem and not mine. I am very sorry that it's your anniversary. I am very sorry that your wife asked you to do this a month ago and you still have not. I am very sorry that your wife will probably kill you. I am very sorry that you are lazy and don't know how to pick up a phone 30 days ago to make reservations at a restaurant.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY........ IT IS NOT MY PROBLEM!

Thanks to all the "special" people out there that haven't made reservations yet, my job performance has gone to all but 1 per cent in the past week because all I am doing is answering the phone and saying the same exact SAME thing OVER and OVER again - and people keep getting mad at me because it's my problem of course. I sure am glad I have a college degree to help me get through these really trying times in the work place...

Yes yes - I do have to end this post by saying I am thankful for my job. I am. Very. I really am.

I also have to mention that as I was writing this post - I was interrupted a total of 12 times by the phone - and just as I was about to publish this one - I saw my camera sitting next to me in my purse... and the phone started to ring again. THREE times in a row. So I just thought I would give you all a little taste of what my days consist of - at least 8 hours straight - every day this week. ENJOY! These calls were actually pretty tame and there wasn't much begging. The begging normally comes once within every 5-6 calls. Oh - and I DID NOT hang up on the last caller on hold... they had hung up before I got to them. Just wanted to clarify that.

2 comments:

KarenKal said...

Hey Cousin, If I call you, will I get a reservation? It might be a little far to travel for dinner! That's pretty funny that all the stupid men out there forget what day is tomorrow!!
Hope you are having a much better day!
Karen

Whitney said...

You should be on "The Office"!!!