Thursday, July 24, 2008

Fun with our Children!

Now, I know a lot of you know how we feel about our dogs, but if you don't, well, then know this.
WE LOVE THEM!
Our dogs are our children and we totally treat them as if they are. We tuck them in at night, wake up to let them out in the middle of the night if they ask us to (a.k.a. nudge our heads til we wake up), we let them in the bed with us if they have scary dreams and are scared, we wake up early so they can eat, pee and poop before we have to leave for work, we RACE home from work because we just missed them SO much while we were gone, we play with them as soon as we get home, we feed them dinner and take them on a walk or take them to one of Smyrna's awesome doggie parks, then come home and play with them more until it's time for bed.
We Love Our Dogs.
I don't know what I'd do without them. I think about them all day long when I'm not with them and I LOVE coming home to see them. In fact - this is a funny story - or disturbing - either way.... On our honeymoon, we were in Mexico for 7 days, and we began to miss our pups SOOOOOOO terribly, that we began to role play them. Chris would lay on the floor and I'd scratch behind his ear and he'd shake his leg like Jack does. Or I'd push on his chest and he'd growl like Jack does when he's super annoyed. And we have this voice for Buddie, our little one. He talks with a REALLY bad lisp so we would walk around our condo for an entire week talking in a lisp and saying things that Buddie would say about the condo. For example, "Wow, Thaddy! Wook at dat big, giant, oooooooothen. It'th thoooo pretty! Can we go pway in da thand, thaddy? Pweease, pwetty pweeathe?" (I'm sure we will have a kid with a lisp one day because of our constant Buddie voice we do. Oh well.) Anyway... so now that you all think we're total lunatics... it may be time for me to stop. Here are a few pictures of us with the dogs tonight after work. We have such a fun time with them. :)
Kissing my beautiful Harlee Jane Hull. Yum!
This didn't turn out exactly how I was planning it to... Her tongue was disgusting. Chris and his favorite dog, Buddie.
Jack LOVES when you hand him sticks. He goes CRAZY!
My sweet Harlee Jane.
Sweet Buddie.
Catching the ball!
Me and my sweet girl!
Almost caught it!
She caught it!
Harlee... look at mama!
No baby.... look at mama! Good girl! Good Harlee Jane! The girl's got air... gotta give it to her!

Check out her monstrous tongue!
Trying to take a group picture....
Not working out so well...
Harlee... get... over.... here!

2 comments:

ducklynn said...

They are so cute! I love how they want to get into the pictures too. Our dogs were definitely our 'first' children! Can't live without them!

Anonymous said...

from betsy ward:
you know, benson and i are the same with our 3 dogs! our whole lives revolve around them and doing activities they like to do!
we should get them all together some day, we have a huge fenced back yard...