Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Roki Shoal's Dog Party


My sister and her husband own an awesome Rhodesian Ridgeback named Tanner. And every year, I think twice a year, their breeder has a dog party at their property, called Roki Shoals, and invites ALL the Rhodesian Ridgebacks and their families over for a cook out! Well, non-RR's are allowed, too. And since our Shepherd mix, Harlee, LOVES Tanner so much, we figured she'd LOVE to go and hang out with all the other RR's. Well... not only did she LOVE it but she was the absolute leader of the pack. It was SO FUN to watch our little girl be such a leader. She had about 15 Ridgebacks chasing after her for hours. And she was one of the only dog to be totally non-afraid of the pond. She swam back and forth from Chris to me all afternoon. She'd jump in and get a stick then bring it back to us and then she'd go under the water every once in a while and blow bubbles then stick her head back out of water and look at us like "LOOK AT ME, MOM AND DAD! AREN'T YOU PROUD?!" And we were. Seeing her there - totally in her element - made me such a proud mommy and made me love this dog more than I did before.... which I didn't think was possible. She slept ALL the way home and ALL that evening and ALL the next day! I can't wait to take her back in the spring for the next dog party. Here are a few pix from the party. Above and to the right is Harlee in front and Tanner chasing her. Check out the tongue on Harlee! It's hanging out ALL THE WAY to her right eye! Below is Harlee after she jumped in the pond to get a stick Chris threw to her. You could tell Tanner wanted SO badly to jump in after his girlfriend, but he was WAY too chicken. And below that is Tanner and Harlee in the back of the Expedition on the way home. They were POOPED!

Some of you may think I'm totally nuts talking about my sweet dog like she is a child... but to me, she is. I have 3 wonderful dogs that I would do anything for. I seriously love them like my own family and truly enjoy seeing them experience so much joy. I need a shout out from any other dog lovers out there... don't make me sound like a crazy person!





No comments: