Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Better late than never...

I meant to blog about Chris' birthday party that was WAYYYYY back in April... back in April. But... better late than never, yes? The day after Chris' birthday is actually when we found out about my sweet daddy's cancer, and that is when I stopped blogging for a bit. ANYWAY... Chris' birthday ended up being a mixture of doggie and people confusion. Most people just assume that when they come to the Hull's house, they bring thier dog. And they are 100% RIGHT! We love playing with doggies in our backyard. However, it did get a little chaotic. Jack, our sweet dog, was not so sweet that day and he had to be put in time out. Harlee was a little dramatic about EVERYTHING and also had to be put in time out. They were put up for about an hour and they came back and were sweet again. They just needed a little discipline. Silly pups.



So, the day of the party, my mom and I went to Kroger around 7 or 8 a.m. and got ALL the food for low country boil. MAN! Was that expensive... I had no idea. About $300 later, we headed home to start preparing everything. Talk about a pain. It was so much work. Thank goodness my mom, Chris' mom, my sister-in-law Lan and my brother-in-law Jeff were there to help. And of course - we made WAY too much. We had enough left overs for like 20 more people. I'll know better next time.



I bought a cake for Chris so I wouldn't have to worry about making one and i told them it was for a boy, but I didn't tell them it was for a 27-year old boy! So, they decorated it like it was for a 5-year old boy. Very cute.

Um... I think that was all the happened. Below are some pix from his pah-tay!
My sweet friend from church, Jen and me at the party. They didn't fit in that well since they were the only guests without a dog!
Chris with Jen's husband, our associate pastor at church, Brian.
The Handome Hull Boys.... and Buddie!
Chris' younger brother Jeff, Chris and Chris' youngest brother Scott.
Jack decides to grace Whit and Doug with his precense...Tanner and Harlee LOVE each other!
You always find them making out together in places they think they are hidden!

Carol, Chris' mom, with her new granddaughter! Campbell Anne is so sweet!
Chris and me with his sweet cake for a 5-year old! Jessica and Chris Walzer - they weren't married yet in this picture!While Harlee was in time out, Tanner decided to cheat on her with Sydney Walzer! Tsk Tsk!My sister-in-law Lan and Chris' youngest brother's sweet girlfriend, Kristen.
Whew! What a long day.

We went to bed early that night to get ready for our big 5K race the next day!

No comments: