SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO this entire weekend was a huge surprise to me! I come home from work on Friday to find that Chris AND my dogs are GONE! Chris called and said he went to the grocery store and took the dogs. I thought something was fishy, but I started packing for our weekend up at Whit and Doug's house anyway. Well, Chris comes home and in walks Harlee and in walks Jack.... no Buddie. NO BUDDIE! I was like WHAT THE HECK! Chris was totally silent and would not tell me ANYTHING! AT ALL! This only made me mad and mad turned into furious and furious turned in to extremely annoyed. It was an interesting few minutes at the house. He finally convinced me to pack my stuff. Well, we drop Harlee off at Diane and Craigs, and Jack off at Amy and Jeffreys'. (Chris had already dropped Buddie off at Kate's). And.... we start to head up to Whitney's house. On the way, I begin to freak out again.
I just need to say something here... I AM A PLANNER. I always have been and always will be. In fact, PLANNING is a huge part of my professional job! I always know what's going on, what's going to happen and ALL week I had been planning to spend the weekend at Whit's with my dogs and my family... and I was super excited about it.
Chris is still remaining silent and won't tell me anything that is going on. So, I decide to call my family to see what's going on. I call Whitney and she makes me even more furious because she acts like nothing is going on... totally annoying. Ashley doesn't answer her phone. I call my mom and she claims she's at Whit's house. So, I ask to talk to Whitney. She says, "Ummmmmmmmmm..... sheeeeeeee's outside with the dogs." I ask to talk to Ash and she says, "Ummmmmmmmmm..... sheeeeeeee's outside taking a walk with Joey." Well, I had already spoken to Joey earlier in the day and he claimed he was working in Savannah all weekend. So, I REALLY knew something was going on. I start to get a little freaked out again... I am just NOT good with not knowing what's going on. I don't know why. But my heart was beating super fast and I was just getting mad.
Well, I'm like, at least we'll be at Whit's house soon.
Oh, I forgot. So, the flowers Chris got me and had delivered at work were in between my legs in the car... which was totally NOT comfortable. They were SO beautiful, I wanted to enjoy them all weekend. I didn't want to come home and just see dead flowers. So, I insisted on bringing them with us. Keep in mind these flowers are like 3 and a half feet tall. So, as thorn are digging deeper into my arms, Whit's exit comes up and I'm like THANK GOODNESS! And we pass her exit. Now, I'm like WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON CHRIS HULL! So, he finally admits after about 20 minutes that we're going to a cabin just the two of us for the weekend. After that, I was TOTALLY cool. My heart began to beat at a normal pace again. I stopped sweating and worrying. I was getting excited and started feeling really bad for making Chris think I wasn't excited about it. I could tell he had put A LOT of thought into this and he had kept it a secret from me for MONTHS! Which has never happened. He has NEVER been able to keep any secret from me. So, the rest of the trip was FUN and we had a great drive to our lodge.
We follow the directions that our handy dandy GPS gives us and it turns us down a road called "RED NECK LANE". Um... we drive up to this JUNKY trailer and we're like... ummmm.... surely this isn't it? I think Chris strated to get nervous because he was grabbing the directions he had printed out and reading them frantically.
THANK GOODNESS we had not driven quite far enough. The right road was just up ahead and we drove up to our AWESOME lodge. It was HUGE! I couldn't believe it was just going to be us in this awesome house! I thought it may have been a little bit over kill, but nonetheless, it would have been fun. So, Chris puts the code into the lock box and opens it and THERE IS NO KEY! No key! So, Chris starts to get nervous again. He tells me to go to the other front door and see if there is another box and he walks down to the back of the house. As I'm walking down this HUGE wrap around porch, my heels are clicking EXTREMELY loud and I'm beginning to get really, really scared. I couldn't hear/see Chris, and I just KNEW there was a boggie man on the other side of the house about to jump out and get me. (Thanks to all the scary movies we've watched the past few months!) So, I start to walk towards the end of the house and SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!! My 2 sisters and their husbands RUN around the corner and I have to be honest... I screamed louder than I ever thought I could, I jumped about 2 feet in the air and seriously nearly crapped my underwear... not even kidding. I start to cry because of the extreme state of CRAZY I had just been through the past few hours.
The rest of the evening was fun. I opened up my PRESENTS which was SUPER fun! I love opening presents! :) I got a super cute purse from Target that I love (THANKS WHIT AND DOUG AND KAYLEY), and an iPod waterproof speaker system (THANKS JIM AND CAROL!).
My birthday turned out to be AWESOME.... I love my husband for planning the entire thing and for my sisters and their husbands for making it as fun as it has been. Here are a few pictures from the weekend thus far.
Me with my beautiful roses Chris got me and had sent to my office!
On the way up here, I think Chris was having a little too much fun and rubbing the fact that he had managed to pull a surprise on me... now maybe you can understand WHY I was getting so angry!
TAKEN RIGHT AFTER THE SURPRISE!
A hug from one of my brother (in laws), Doug.
Me and my sweet husband, Chris.
Opening gifts! My waterproof iPod speaker system - for the pool, beach and shower!
Doug, me and Chris in Helen trying on some hats... I think Chris is yo-del-ing...
The Viking hats in one store in Helen.
Chris and I in downtown Helen.
My sister, Ashley and her husband Joey.
Thanks to all my awesome friends who helped Chris keep this such a secret! I have to admit... after the fact, that it was a really fun adventure doing this whole surprise thing! But next time - just let me know a little more information so I at least think I know what the plan is :) TOOTLES!


3 comments:
How FUN!! What a great surprise!! What a sweet hubby you have:)
That's awesome!!! I'm glad you had a great birthday!
Hey Hil,
It looks like you guys had an awesome time. Where was the baby and your parents all weekend??
Karen
Post a Comment