Friday, April 3, 2009

Only a few more weeks!


So - Chris and I only have a FEW more weeks until we will never have the same life we've been living the past 2 years of our marriage. I L-O-V-E our new house - I can't even tell you how much I love it! It's the most perfect home in the world for Chris and I and we could not be happier there.


However - we still are not NEAR unpacked... hence we have not really begun to enjoy OUR TIME in our new fabulous home together! I am REALLY hoping to check off a lot of my To Do list items after this weekend while my entire family is in town... YAY for mom and dad making a surprise trip to see me this weekend :)


ANYWAY - the point of this blog was for me to make a few confessions! OF COURSE, we are SO excited to have Parker join our family and our lives forever. However, part of me wishes that Chris and I could just enjoy our time - just the two of us - in our sweet home together for just a little bit longer! I realize how selfish this makes me sound, but my "comfortable-ness" is getting less and less every day and by the time we are unpacked, I have a feeling I will be SO pregnant and SO uncomfortable that we won't be able to enjoy our last few weeks/days together in our new home. EVERY random person that stops me in my tracks (yes - I get stopped by someone no matter WHERE I am - every day!) lately has just told me to ENJOY these last few weeks with my husband because it's the last time we'll ever have this time together at this stage in our lives. I just smile and say, OK and thank you. Many of you who know our situation with Chris' school schedule know how unrealistic that time together is for us... ANYWAY - I will stop complaining. What can I say - I'm only human and I am not perfect. I am complaining about some of the greatest blessings God has provided us with. But - this is the honest truth of what I'm feeling and that's what my baby blog is all about! Hopefully you don't all think I'm a big spoiled brat for my honesty...

2 comments:

ChelsandNoel said...

Hey girl-- i think next weekend once everything settles down you and Chis should plan a vacation at your house!! Write down different activities you are going to do at your house as a couple...some suggestions:

Friday night-

Candle lit dinner on your new dinning room table
Bubble bath in your new tub
Movie night in your new living room

Saturday-

Breakfast in bed
Take a walk (stroll) around your neighborhood and take pictures
Grill out for dinner in your new backyard
Play a board game in parker's room and reminisce on all the fun you have had with Chris over the last 6 years.

Sunday-

Plan a picnic in your backyard
Sit on the front porch and observe all your neighbors
Have a pizza party on the floor in front of your new fireplace!

Knowing you, you probably have a million things going on next weekend. I think it is time to say screw everyone and everything and take some time just you, Chris and your house!

Unknown said...

I agree with Chelsa! Great ideas! Go for it, Hill! LOVE YOU! Call me if you need help unpacking. I'm nesting. :)