Friday, April 3, 2009

Traffic and To do lists!

Our new home is 30 miles from my current workplace... and the commute has been around an hour - sometimes an hour and 10 minutes - the past week. UNTIL TODAY! Today, I was at work in about 30 minutes! Best commute ever. I don't expect it to be like this every Friday, of course, but it was a REALLY nice change to not sit in traffic for an hour (and not worry about stopping mid-commute to go to the bathroom!) Yay for Non-Traffic Fridays! :)

Parents are coming in to town today - YAY! So excited to have their help over the weekend to get things DONE! Here is my check list - I'll have to let you know how we do with checking our items off!

  • Figure out our Smart Connection box so that our wireless router and modem can go in there and OFF of our kitchen counter! I paid money to have those 2 things hidden in that closet and we can't figure it out! Very annoying... - DONE!
  • Put up an antennae on our roof so we can get some tv signal! Cumming gets 2 channels without cable... much different than our 30 CRYSTAL CLEAR channels we got for totally free in Smyrna! Yes - we live in the boonies... DONE!
  • Start the fence - yes we got approved for it this week - BUT NOW - Chris has decided he wants to extend the fence another 40 to 50-ish feet back in the woods close to our property line. We'll see! - IT'S STARTED!
  • Finish painting Parker's room and get all furniture in there and get it fully decorated! ROOM IS PAINTED, STRIPE IS PAINTED, FURNITURE IS IN, CLOTHES IN CLOSET, STILL NEED TO ORGANIZED BASKETS, DRAWERS, TOYS, ETC. AND HANG ALL WALL DECORATIONS - SO - HALFWAY DONE!
  • After my last baby shower on Sunday - go to BRU and Target and Pottery Barn Kids to get EVERYTHING else we need for baby Parker's arrival! - DONE!
  • Hang AT LEAST 5-6 wall pictures - just so it looks like we have SOMEWHAT decorated and we don't have empty walls everywhere I look! - DID NOT GET DONE - BUT I AM THRILLED WITH HOW MUCH WE MANAGED TO DO!!!!!

If I lived in a perfect world, Monday morning, I will come back with all of the above things CHECKED OFF (except for the fence situation - depends on what Chris decides to do about extending it or not!) We'll see! Until then - wish us HAPPY UNPACKING!

1 comment:

Torrie said...

Hillary, We will be out to see the progress on Caitlin and Rena's house soon and would love to stop in if you are home. Can't wait to see your house!!

And, hate to tell you about the traffic.....while Fridays can be a little lighter, the light traffic has more to do with spring break than anything else. We live for summer!!