Monday, April 20, 2009

Our first pediatrician visit! And our first bath at home!

Our first pediatrician visit was today! We had never met our doctor before - it was on our "to-do" list that we were planning on doing some time this week or next! Whoops!
The visit went SO great. He had lost about 4 oz in the hospital and was down to 6 lbs 7 oz. Well - since we got back from the hospital (Saturday) he has gained an ounce! I guess this is very unheard of, but I tell ya what - it hasn't been easy. ALL I do is feed this kid - every 3 hours - and he has never woken me up because he's hungry. I have to wake him up every time. He is a little angel and is SUCH a great baby. I know it's still super early and he will go through a lot of changes here in the next few weeks, but for now - he is awesome and we couldn't ask for a sweet baby. She even told me I could cut back on feeding him through the night... I can go an entire 5 hours at night time to feed him. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? I haven't even been a mommy for one week and I get FIVE WHOLE HOURS to sleep tonight... well, that is if he'll let me :)
The rest of the visit went great! He has very, very little jaundice - not enough to even worry about with any supplements. And he pretty much slept through the whole thing :)
Here are pictures from our visit today! Enjoy!
Nana holding Parker in the waiting room.

Parker and his amazing doctor, Dr. Furr




Mommy, Daddy and son

Daddy consoling Parker after he had his little prick for his jaundice test.


YAY! We gained a WHOLE OUNCE!


Nana holding Parker in the Infant's Waiting Room

Before our doctor visit, Parker spit up all over himself so we decided it would be a great time to give him a little sponge bath :) He smelled SO yummy after it. And he was much happier. Here are some pictures :)


3 comments:

ChelsandNoel said...

That child is GOORRGGEEEOOOUUUSSS. Newborns are supposed to be weird looking...not that one!

Laura Lee Griffin said...

I agree! What a good lookin' baby!

Melissa said...

Do you go to Children's Medical Group? That's where we go. I recognized the animals on the wall.